You will be amazed at the power of stillness with God in Abby Lewis’ guest post; week eight in the Because of Jesus series.
Can you imagine:
- Your life spiraling out of control?
- Having panic attacks several times a day?Your marriage falling apart?
- Broken relationships with family members?
- Unforgiveness towards yourself and others?
- Physical pain and dysfunction in your body?
- Having no love for yourself?
- Feeling depressed and hopeless?
- Having major control issues?
- Running to drugs and alcohol for peace and to numb your pain?
- All your thoughts and words being completely negative?
- Having no peace, no joy, no happiness?
- Your entire life being complete and utter chaos?
- This was me, 10 years ago, at the age of 24.…my rock bottom.
Despite everything, Jesus knew exactly where my heart was and in one single moment He met me right where I was, in my pit of destruction and despair and gently turned my heart, my eyes and my ears to Him. The peace that I felt in that moment of stillness with Jesus is something I can’t quite explain. It was so powerful, so peaceful, so full of unconditional love that I craved to experience it again and again.
Each time I went back to that still and quiet place, Jesus was right there, arms open wide, ready to love me, heal me and restore me. As I chose day after day to be still in His presence, Jesus began to rescue me from my chaos. Over time, I blossomed out of my dark valley and became a healthy and whole person…spirit, mind and body.
Because of Jesus:
- My life has a sense of purpose.
- I am free from fear, worry and panic.
- My marriage has been completely restored.
- I have a close and meaningful relationship with my entire family.
- I am forgiven and I truly forgave myself and others.
- My body has been healed from all physical pain and dysfunction.
- I have a deep love for myself because He lives in me.
- I see myself and others through His eyes, the eyes of love.
- I am blessed and full of hope and joy.
- I have let go of all control.
- I am free from all addictions.
- Everything within me is calm, peaceful and still.
- I desire to be love and give love to others.
Abby Lewis has a degree in Health and Wellness and her massage therapy license. She is the author of Blossoming out of the Valley and producer of A Breath~in Stillness. Her life’s work is to passionately encourage others to climb out of their own dark valleys by finding health of spirit, mind and body. In January of 2006 Abby opened her own business called Healing Naturally. Abby is devoted to serving God and to letting God’s love flow in and through her. She finds great joy in spending time in nature, writing, teaching, serving others and being with her family. Her heart is full of love and she just wants to share that love with others. Abby, her husband and their son live in Branson, Missouri.
Follow Abby online: