I love Thanksgiving!
Orange pumpkins, family and oh so much food! This year David and I have a packed schedule starting with the Hoyt Family celebration in Lecompte, LA. 42 Hoyts and Hoyt descendants will be attending. My grandmother, Katie Hoyt, is one of the five siblings whose families come together every Thanksgiving. Being a part of this large extended family is truly a honor. I’m among generations of people who truly love Jesus and His people.
Friday will be all about football – LSU football! I can not begin to tell you how much my husband loves the LSU Tigers. This game is a BIG deal to him and he is a BIG deal to me. So I am going and praising God it is an afternoon game instead of a windy cold night game.
Saturday we will celebrate with David’s parents, kids, brother, sister-in-law, and their family. They have a beautiful home, farm, and family. I married David and got this fabulous family in the deal!! I wish you could be there with us!!
I’ll be bringing my Broccoli & Grape Salad to both Thanksgiving celebrations. It’s officially called “Spring Salad”, but when people ask for it they want the “Broccoli and Grape Salad”. In case you are looking for a healthy, yummy, and beautiful recipe for your celebration – here it is!!
BROCCOLI & GRAPE SALAD
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, florets only
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the bacon, broccoli, celery, green onions, green grapes, red grapes, raisins and almonds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can use Poppyseed as an Optional Salad Dressing
Add a dash of Devo Oil’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar to the salad dressing and BAM!! Kick it up a notch!
What are you bringing with you to Thanksgiving ? Are you having it at your house?